Featuring a VDSL2/ADSL2+ modem and an Ethernet WAN port NetComm NF10WV, you can choose whether you connect to the Internet via DSL or a fibre service. Internet services are still predominantly delivered into Australian homes largely using ADSL and Australia’s NBN will use different technologies. Australia’s NBN will be largely delivered with two methods; Fibre to the Node (FTTN) and Fibre to the Premises (FTTP). The majority of connections will be FTTN which will use VDSL technology to deliver high speeds into buildings. FTTP will provide fast speeds (up to 100Mbps) and users will need an Ethernet WAN port to access this service.
This router also includes 2 x USB host ports that can be used to connect USB devices so that their capabilities can be shared will all connected users. Connect a USB hard drive so that all files stored can be accessed and shared.
All of these features can be shared with multiple users via the built-in WiFi access point or the four LAN Ethernet ports. The high speed WiFi N provides a signal strong enough to penetrate the far corners of a house and can connect all WiFi enabled devices, such as laptops, smart phones, gaming consoles, tablets and PCs. The four LAN Ethernet ports provide a wired connection that can be used to connect desktop computers, media devices or any Ethernet equipped product.
1 Maximum wireless signal rate and coverage values are derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g and 802.11n specifications. Actual wireless speed and coverage are dependent on network and environmental conditions included but not limited to volume of network traffic, building materials and construction/layout.
• VDSL and ADSL service providers
• Connecting to your fixed line DSL service
• Connecting to a Fibre / NBN service through the Ethernet WAN port
• Creating a storage network to share files saved on a hard drive with all connected users
- Fully featured VDSL2 / ADSL2+ Gateway 1 x 10/100/1000
- Gigabit Ethernet WAN port for connection to fibre services
- 4 x 10/100 Ethernet LAN ports for multiple wired connections
- Wireless N300 Access Point for multiple high speed WiFi connections
- 2 x FXS ports for connecting a telephone to make VoIP calls
- 2 x USB host ports – supports USB storage device for file sharing
- Built-in media server. Just add a USB hard drive
- NBN ready: carefully developed hardware and software features to ensure this device is optimised for use on the National Broadband Network:
- Wireline Routing Speeds
- IGMP Snooping
- IPTV IGMP V1 V2 Pass through
- IPv6 ready for the next generation IP addressing WPS button for simple setup of your wireless network